Jean Runyon Little Theater
Originally opened in 1927, the Little Theater thrived as the ideal stage for community theater productions, recitals, puppet shows, poetry readings and other gatherings. In 1982, it closed its doors until it reopened eighteen years later, after a group of business and community leaders worked diligently for almost four years to restore it to its former elegance. The group dedicated the restoration in honor of Jean Runyon, known for her extensive contributions to the Sacramento theater community. The Little Theater was dedicated and named after Jean Runyon on May 24, 2000.
Currently, this 272- seat Theater features two seating levels, proscenium stage and two dressing rooms. This performance space, just as it was for 55 years, again serves as the perfect venue for smaller events looking for an intimate setting.